What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes 11 will not group apps by gender!

katsiko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way for iTunes 11 to display the apps groupped by genre like it used to do in the older version??? (Games, utilities, reference etc). This was a really useful feature and it would be a shame if it was removed.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's hoping you have your iTunes showing the same views as mine (it is so customizable now)....

When you are in iTunes, be in the Apps tab (click the button on the top left; select Apps in the drop down). On the right side, across the top, is a title line. One of the lines should be titled "List." Click on that and you will get a columnized list. One of the columns is Genre and, if you click on the word Genre, it will sort them for you.

I can't find any way to sort them by genre when you are in the All category (where you can see the icons); that appears to be alphabetical only. Sorry.

Still - I hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
K

katsiko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the rapid response; I will give it a try when I am back at home. However I liked the "folder-like" way that the apps were presented before, i.e. an icon with the genre stated below, which included all the relevant apps that showed up with a click on it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The list method is more useful, in my opinion, but you can also do this.

Select the All tab. Type the Category name in the Search field. If you type it exactly, it should include all app in that category. It might include a few others, depending on what keywords are in their description.

Most reactions

Latest posts