What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO CREATE AN EMAILING GROUP IN YOUR CONTACTS ON AN IPHONE AND IPAD

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
CREATING AN EMAILING GROUP IN YOUR CONTACTS ON AN IPHONE AND IPAD

Can't do it? Think again!

There have been questions about creating group emailings on the iPads and iPhones. I figured out how to do it without using an outside app, just the contacts and the mail utilities. It is very easy. It may not be convenient if you have a huge mailing list. But check this out and see if it will work for you. The neat thing about this is it that will be considered a contact and therefore cross over to all your devices' contact lists and is very easy to edit. When editing, the edit can be made in any device and will affect all your devices that share those contacts.

In contacts create a new contact. This will be your group.

Name the group. I have a few email addresses that I use, so I created a test group using my email addresses. I named the group, Group - CAQ. You might want to do this before sending your first group.

In the email address section type in the first email address (I am not going to give different ways of entering the email addresses, do it however you want so they are accurate). You do not want the contact name, you want the contact's email address only. Enter a "comma" and "space", then enter the next email address, followed by a comma and space. Repeat until you have all the email addresses you need in that contact list separated by a "comma" "space". That is all you need.

You can go down to notes and add whatever you need or want there. Maybe a list of the names in the order they appear in the email address box, or group description? Many email addresses are not identifiable. But the only two boxes you need to fill are the Name and Email Address boxes.

Save it.

You now have a group and did not have to purchase or use an outside mailing app.

EXAMPLE

The email addresses I will use in my example are dummy email addresses.

Contact Name: Group - Embroidery Friends (I put "Group" in front so all my "Groups" are grouped together in the Contacts (forced alphabetizing)

Email Address: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Save it.

USING YOUR GROUP IN AN EMAIL

The easiest way to create an email, is to start from the CONTACTS and using the email address box and not the contact name.

I will explain the option to start the email from the Email Utility after this.

Go to the Contacts and find that Group Contact.

Touch any part of the text in the email address box to start and email. The emails will be inserted into the To: box. Write your email and you are set.

NOTE: You can put this group in the Bcc section to keep everyone from seeing other people's email addresses because maybe they don't all have each other's email addresses. To do this, touch the Email Address box to get the option to copy. Select to copy and go to the Email utility and paste into the Bcc box.

STARTING THE GROUP EMAILING FROM THE EMAIL UTILITY

Open your mail and choose to create an email. Touch the blue cross in the To, Cc or Bcc box. Select the Group Name. Create your email address and send when ready.

When you choose to send, you click to send you will get an error message about the email address not being valid or something like that, but send anyway.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts