What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IT BURNSSSS!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!

MemphisMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, I am abandoning Safari. They switched the bookmarks icon back over to the left side of the address bar (makes me feel like the "Curse of the Odd-Numbered Treks") like it was in iOS 6.

The tabs and address bar now go away as soon as you leave the top of the page and you have to hit the bookmarks icon a second time to make it go away, else you lose 25% of your viewing area.

Is there any way I can turn these "features" off? I don't see a way to in the control panel.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't like the way Safari's top bar goes off the screen when scrolling down a web page. Any way to stop it doing this ? Ridiculous feature added unnecessarily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't like the way Safari's top bar goes off the screen when scrolling down a web page. Any way to stop it doing this ? Ridiculous feature added unnecessarily.

The feature was added to give the user extra screen space. Even on the bigger iPad screen, the extra space is useful, especially when a keyboard is being used. I'm not positive but I don't think this feature can be disabled.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I would be used to this new feature because safari does a similar action when using my MacBook. I agree, it is useful with the added space for viewing! :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like this new feature, and I also think it's useful because there's more place for websites.

Afaik there's no way to disable this feature. I've searched for a solution, but didn't find anything.

Last edited:

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Mercury Browser has the options to use or not use the hide title bar feature. The Mercury, for me, is a more pleasing Browser than Safari.

(Oops - the hide-the-title-bar feature is the android version. But still prefer the Mercury on the iPad 2.)

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mercury for iOS also has a full-screen mode. I have it set so a two-finger downward swipe toggles the title/tab bar. Mercury really is a nice browser.

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Amen! I dumped Chrome because they started doing this. 1/4 in more screen doesn't make a lot of difference. Maybe if the would have put the Numerics with the alpha keyboard we could have used a tad more room, but we got a fail on that update.

Most reactions

Latest posts