What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHY did they have to rearrange Safari header???

mefnj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated to iOS 8.0.2 since most of the bugs seemed tmhve been finally shaken out...

Why oh why did they have to go and switch the location of the Bookmark icon and the Add To Bookmarks, Etc. Icon? You just get used to one layout, and then they go and change it. I find it much more cumbersome to keep going all the way to left to go to another bookmark, especially when the the Open New Tab icon is still on the right side.

Is there a way to customize (read: revert) the new layout of the top Safari bar in iOS 8?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

-m

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I imagine they switched the bookmark icon's location so it will be closer to the left sidebar. It makes sense that the icon should be close to what it controls.

Of course, not everyone likes the new sidebar. I find it handy when I'm browsing through a bunch of sites rapidly, not so much for the bookmarks, but for the reading list and the shared links.

Most reactions