What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with my daughters iPad

stupidpenguine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my daughter an iPad 2 for Christmas. We got her iTunes account set up and updated the iOS to the 5.0.1. After the sync and update of the iOS she disconnected from the computer and began using her iPad. After just a few seconds, the iPad automatically blacks out. She has to retype her password again and while doing this, the iPad blacks out again. This has happened several times and in some cases she has to turn off the iPad and restart it again just to make an attempt to log in. I have called Apple to see if they know what the problem might be and one person tells me to kill all the running programs while another actually took the time to try something and had me reset the network setting. After a few minutes of actively using the iPad again, the problem returned and it seems to have gotten worse than before. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends where you bought it, or if bought a warranty.
The iPad could be having thermal shut Downs.
You need to contact to wherever you bought it.
See if you can send the gadget to Apple Inc. and they chan check it out and do what ever they can to fix it.
But also see if your iTunes account is fully installed, and you have fully registered, and got everything done.
All I can say now is good luck.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought my daughter an iPad 2 for Christmas. We got her iTunes account set up and updated the iOS to the 5.0.1. After the sync and update of the iOS she disconnected from the computer and began using her iPad. After just a few seconds, the iPad automatically blacks out. She has to retype her password again and while doing this, the iPad blacks out again. This has happened several times and in some cases she has to turn off the iPad and restart it again just to make an attempt to log in. I have called Apple to see if they know what the problem might be and one person tells me to kill all the running programs while another actually took the time to try something and had me reset the network setting. After a few minutes of actively using the iPad again, the problem returned and it seems to have gotten worse than before. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Hi there and welcome to the forum! Sounds very frustrating for both you and your daughter. I am wondering, did you set up a password code up in order to gain access for use? I don't recall having to be asked for my iTunes password as frequent as you have described. Was she buying an app? That would ask for her iTunes password.

Also, check how long the lock/unlock switch is set for under settings. It can be set for as quickly as 2 minutes to never. These are just a few of my thoughts. You may need to be more specific with when/what she is doing when it blacks out.

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, like skimonkey said, the turn of goes from 2 minutes to never.
But if she can access the main menu, you can adjust the time and maybe that will work.

jmccamb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The great thing about apple is that they don't leave you in the cold after buying a product. If it isn't working correctly don't hesitate to make a genius bar appointment to get a replacement.

Just be honest about the problem and I have no doubt they will replace the iPad with no hesitation. Sorry to hear about your situation.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Something certainly has gone haywire here. Have you done a reset of the iPad since the upgrade, if you haven't I think it would be a good idea to do one now and see if this makes a difference. Hold the power off button, the one on the top right with the ipad held in portrait, and the home button, centre bottom, simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.
Let us know how you go.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts