What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with Ipad Air. Heeeelp

Yunalesca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi new member here ,
I hope im posting in the right area.
I apologize if i accidentally posted where im not supposed to, I was have a hard time finding how to start a thread .
Im having some issues with n Ipad Air that was given to me.
The tablet works great and i really like it just as long as I dont fully charge it or let it die.
If i do it will give me a really hard time trying to turn it back on.
When i try to turn it on it will flash and give a charge your battery icon.
I have to keep trying to turn it on like this for like an hour sometimes and when ot does turn on a few seconds later it turns off and starts saying its dead again.
After a while of doing this ill get lucky and it will stay on .
So i just try to keep the battery level in the middle.
But sometimes i forget and leave it on the charger too long and fully charges it.
Then i have to start trying to turn it on for an hour .
You guys have any ideas what the issue might be?
Thanks!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

I‘ve removed your other post describing the same issue. Keeping the discussion to one thread only will get you better solutions.

With that said:
From your description, it looks like your battery isn‘t working well any more. The device came out in 2013, so yours might be almost 6 years old.

Try this first, it might help:
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

Otherwise visit an Apple Store near you, or contact Apple. Since your device is out of warranty, a battery replacement is priced at $ 99.
Get Support

birdman77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new also. And having same issues with my iPad Air (1st generation). Battery is going cuckoo and about to die sounds like. These models have a lot of issues just to let you know. A lot. I'm replacing my own battery which is gonna be a PITA but not wanting to pay apple 100 bucks either

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve bought an iPad Air in 2013, when it came out. I didn’t have any problems as long as I used it. I gave it to my daughter two years ago. She still uses it, and it works slowly, but flawlessly. After all, it’s almost 6 years old.

So you can’t say that these devices have a lot of issues, in general.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm new also. And having same issues with my iPad Air (1st generation). Battery is going cuckoo and about to die sounds like. These models have a lot of issues just to let you know. A lot. I'm replacing my own battery which is gonna be a PITA but not wanting to pay apple 100 bucks either

Hello Birdman.. - welcome to the forum! :) I'd have to agree w/ Johanna, i.e. I had an iPad Air 2 for about 3 years which worked perfectly fine except that the battery was dying prematurely, now replaced w/ an iPad Pro. The first question is how do you know the problem w/ your device is the battery, i.e. have you tested it w/ say the app Coconut Battery or taken it to an Apple Store (or authorized dealer/repairer) for diagnostics (which are free)?

Second question regarding your wanting to replace the battery - have you worked on iPads before and/or are you handy w/ electronics repair? On the iFixit Website, battery replacement is rated as VERY DIFFICULT (see pic and look at the link, if not already done), plus their repair kit is $45, so you'll have to make an investment in a new battery and the right tools. Plus depending on your iPad's storage and whether cellular is present, the device is probably not even worth a $100 (you can go to Apple.com and 'buy' a new iPad and see what they will give you for the old device as a trade-in, if interested)?

So, my suggestion is to pay someone to replace the battery, although in my mind not worth it for a 6 y/o machine - save your money on the old Air and start looking for a newer device whether used, refurb, or new, if your budget permits? Dave
Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 5.37.03 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts