Ipad Air battery amount

Discussion in 'iPad Air Forum' started by baxterda, Jun 1, 2014.

1. baxterda

baxterda
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    When I charge my iPad Air overnight the green battery indicator indicates 100%, immediately I unplug it it reads white 99%. If I turn off the iPad completely or restart it (power+home button) when it comes back on the battery indicator reads correctly white 100%. It does the same with my wife's iPad Air too. I am using the charger and cable that came with the iPad Air.

Anybody else having this problem?

2. bab2010

bab2010
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Use the ipad until it runs out of battery and turn it off by its own. Then plug it and let it charge until 100% that will recalibrate accurately the battery. You should do so at least once in a month or so, specially, if you almost don't use to let the ipad battery hit 20% or bellow before you recharge it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. shadow4845

shadow4845
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks I for that tip as I noticed that with my My Ipad Air. Sometimes I get caught up in recharging over and over and never let the battery run completely down.

Thanks

Shadow4845 (@@)

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi OP & Shadow - for your interest, take a look at my post in THIS THREAD - basically, do the recommended monthly 'complete' battery discharge (for the reasons already given) on the iPad; otherwise, on a daily basis, I just top off my iPad's battery @ night - some may argue to keep the iPad's battery fully charged most of the time to prevent accumulation of 'recycles' (again as explained in the link), but that obviously takes a lot of the fun out of using an iDevice as a convenient & portable gizmo - :) Dave

P.S. I handle my Macbook Pro which is more stationary next to my den chair differently - I do an occasional discharge (e.g. once a month or less) but usually keep the power cable plugged in, again for the reasons given in the link; now, others may have a different opinion which is fine.

5. Elux72

Elux72
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    My Air does that on occasion, but it happens much more with my 4S. I do the complete discharge on all devices on a monthly basis, and the battery life on all is great. I agree with you, giradman...I just use my devices as much as I want, and charge them whenever I feel like it.

6. baxterda

baxterda
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    That fixed it, thanks.