Is this advisable?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BlackOropher26, Dec 11, 2012.

1. BlackOropher26

BlackOropher26 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm a student,15 yrs old.
    My mom just bought me an iPad 3 last november.I love it,the only thing is that i felt awkward using it in the public place as people(specially kids) will come over to look at my screen even though it doesn't really necessary.So now i want to buy an iTouch,cause it comes out very handy,and much lighter.

So i ask..if you're me,are you going to buy an iTouch or not? If yes,should i wait for my birthday to get an iTouch 5,or should i buy the 4g this christmas?

I seriously don't know what to do now..
  2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    Are you going to keep the iPad? You can get the 4th gen touch to take around and leave the iPad at home. I think that would work much better for you. And you can share the iPad with others family members too. It will be a good year before another touch shows up...no need to wait if you have the funds.
  3. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    I like my touch 4th gen, but if I were buying new, I'd get the 5th gen, because it's more likely to get firmware upgrades longer and has better guts.
  4. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    By the way, if you consider used or refurbed 4th gens, you probably can get a deal on one, if money is an issue.

Here's a comp that might help you decide:

iPod touch 5G vs. iPod touch 4G

I have a 64GB touch 4th gen. Sounds like Apple has stopped selling new 4th gens with 64GBs. That might be a factor, if you're looking for max storage.