What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems since software upgrade

iPaddict

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded my software to 10.4 a couple of days ago, my iPad I is a mess! It asks for my ID every single time I turn it on, in the midst of doing something it tells me I'm not connected and asks me to 'retry', and when I went to download app updates, it grayed out all 7 of the apps and they have been sitting that way, unaccessible for 2 days now, all saying "waiting". On top of that, it won't pull in any new email from my gmail account. What the heck happened?

On top of that, it's done the same thing to my iTouch 4G when it comes to the app upgrades, but my email comes in there. But it also is constantly asking for my ID.

Am I the only one living this nightmare?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to be clear, you upgraded from iOS 4.3.3 to 4.3.4? This was only a minor change - it simply patched the PDF 'exploit' that enabled the jail breaking of iPad2s. There were no other changes.

Tim

OP
I

iPaddict

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Correct. And this morning I got the update to 4.3.5. I ran it on my iTouch and it went through in a flash and everything's working fine now. I hooked up my iPad, it installed, fine, then started to sync and has been on "backing up" now for 15 minutes so I shut it down and am going to try it again. The iPad is always such a problem when it comes to upgrading.

OP
I

iPaddict

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it wasn't okay as of my last post as my iPad was still having problems, even to the point of completely freezing up so I couldn't even shut it down. I had to plug it and unplug it about four times and finally it went through but it rearranged my apps and I'm wondering if some disappeared. It's all working now but this has been very un-iPod like. Usually everything's a breeze, but lately with the iPad - not so.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried reseting the iPad? Alwasy a good idea after an upgrade.

Also, when doing an upgrade things usually work smoother if you choose the download only option, instead of trying to combine the download and update in the same action.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
I

iPaddict

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! Advice I will definitely hang onto. Interesting that Apple never responded to my email for support. They usually do within 24 hours but it's two days later now. Quality seems to be declining a bit. Appreciate the help here!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Have you tried reseting the iPad?

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

paulamacd said:
so why would my iPad all of 5 weeks old start freezing and not working properly? HELP!!

Have you tried twerppoet's suggestion, it's normally a good cure in such circumstances.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts