What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new to ipads or anything "I"

mimihughes1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am the proud new owner of an ipad2 given to me by my DH and 7 children for Christmas, B'day and mother's day. I love it already. I totally enjoy reading, thus, I have been buying ibooks from both itunes and kindle. However I was told to come to this forum to figure out ways to get free ibooks. I did check my local library and it doesn't appear as if their ibooks are compatable to ipads. Right now I am totally addicted to Robyn Carr's books and there are numerous serious. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Maria, wife to Jack for almost 39 yrs, Mother to 7 and Mimi to 7.

sunny day

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Baen is a good source for free ebooks. When I first got my reader, I did a search for "free ebooks" and got several sites. Some were only downloadable in PDF but have since then added EPub and Kindle. I use iBooks a d when I downloaded from the iPad I got the message to open in iBooks. Some I skipped over this step and they did not down load. I have not used any other app so I don't know-how they would handle this.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nook and Kobo are bookseller ebook apps. They have some free books, including newer books. The Overdrive app is my library's ebook app and has an iPad app. Bluefire, Wattpad, and other apps have free as well as paid books.

Most reactions

Latest posts