What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any lag in games?

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Contemplating buying a mini. I'm just wondering how game performance is with the older cpu and lower RAM? Demanding games like asphalt 7 and the modern combat series etc..They didn't have any 3D games loaded on the display unit I tried out. Thanks

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't played those....but I notice zero lag in any games on the mini. It uses lower resolution than the others and as games come with assets for the iPad 2 and the retina iPad, there is no need to worry. And if you don't like it, you have 14 days to take it back (just in case). I can try out mc3 later this evening if you like.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can give feedback on any of these:

Attachments

• image-1300339843.jpg
    image-1300339843.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 8,390
  • image-2725095955.jpg
    image-2725095955.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 8,012
OP
T

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How's modern combat 3 run and dead trigger? Is it much more comfortable playing games on the mini over the full sized iPad as I'm imagining? I can't play long without getting really fatigued arms and hands.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How's modern combat 3 run and dead trigger? Is it much more comfortable playing games on the mini over the full sized iPad as I'm imagining? I can't play long without getting really fatigued arms and hands.

It is absolutely more comfy. DT runs fine. I'm not very good at the controls on touch screen devices, but it is much easier to play. You lose out on the visuals, as you don't see the high res assets. To me, it is very much worth it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just checked out MC3. I don't find any lag in the game, but I have to admit I don't last long in fps games, even on the iPad. I start to feel ill before I get very far in the game. So I never to to any heavy action scenes. Sorry I can't help with this one.

OP
T

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks man I may get a 64 gb black mini if I can get enough for my iPad 4

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just noticed that Asphalt 6 isn't working right on the mini.....I checked the reviews on this game in the Appstore. Others are having problems with it on the mini....

RealRacingHD plays fine. The one on the left is from the mini, the one on the right is from iPad 3.

Attachments

• image-2493904974.jpg
    image-2493904974.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 526
  • image-2126070422.jpg
    image-2126070422.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dead Space plays fine.
Splinter Cell plays fine.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Asphalt 7 plays fine.

Attachments

• image-1345940051.jpg
    image-1345940051.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 406
OP
T

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot! Very helpful. Yeah I saw a bunch of reviews in the app store saying asphalt 6 isn't running yet on the mini, I'm sure they'll fix it soon enough. The good thing is I'll be able to afford getting a 64gb since the mini is cheaper than the new iPad. I'm already getting close to filling up my 32gb iPad.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That Ashpat 7 is rockin. I'm going to be playing it a lot over the holidays....on both devices. The experience on the mini is definitely nice. I just have to remember to stay away from shooters.

Glad will be able to get your mini....for me, I never even consider anything less than 64GB.

I was getting these nice Poetic cases for $5 delievered on Amazon...but now the price has gone up to $13. Argh. At least I got 4 different colors at $5. I find the mini a bit easier to hold inside a case...

I think we ought to try to vett as many games as possible since the mini has the added benefit of game play due to its lightness and form factor.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Avengers works fine too.

Grand Thief Auto seems to work fine too, though I've had problem with it loading on both the mini and the iPad 3 in the past. But there is a lot going on in this game it it is lag free for me.

Last edited:
OP
T

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That Ashpat 7 is rockin. I'm going to be playing it a lot over the holidays....on both devices. The experience on the mini is definitely nice. I just have to remember to stay away from shooters.

Glad will be able to get your mini....for me, I never even consider anything less than 64GB.

I was getting these nice Poetic cases for $5 delievered on Amazon...but now the price has gone up to $13. Argh. At least I got 4 different colors at $5. I find the mini a bit easier to hold inside a case...

I think we ought to try to vett as many games as possible since the mini has the added benefit of game play due to its lightness and form factor.

Yeah asphalt 7 is one of my favorite games.

The form factor is simply perfect for gaming on the mini. The screen on my iPad 4 is really nice but I honestly don't like playing games on it. My hands are so sore today from using it yesterday, taking a day off today from it. My mini should be here Saturday and I can't wait! I need to put my iPad 4 on craigslist but part of me wants to keep it.. But that would be $1100 worth of iPads whoa

Most reactions

Latest posts