Is there a point of having an iPad if you own an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by imageh, May 5, 2010.

1. Itzxdjx

Itzxdjx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    If you own a 3GS you can use it as a camera for the iPad only 3GS tho (camera a, camera b apps). That's just a small example how owning both is worth it. The iPad is perfect for persona use the iPhone just enables the extra portableness that you might want depending on the situation. And there are differences they are both the same and unique.

2. write-stuff

write-stuff
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm going along with the consensus. An iPhone or other smart phone is great. The limited screen real estate means its easy to take around in your pocket and do some limited internet activity with it. But the larger screen of the iPad means you can become more immersed in movies, you can more easily do emails, and websites aren't shrunk to a size so small they're nearly useless. And another biggy - most people over 40 have some difficulty reading small stuff on small screens.

3. nickp

nickp
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Both my wife and i have iPhones and i have a 3G iPad I am actually thinking about getting rid of both iPhones and getting my wife another iPad 3G, and then exchanging the iPhones for a basic flip phone. I could get rid of 2 $30/mo data plans (iPhones) and use that for unlimited iPad data.

Right now i am paying $30/mo x 3 for both phones and the pad. With the new configuration i would only be paying for the iPad data times 2.

4. Kargurin

Kargurin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    One could argue it's kind of silly to web browse and do all the things that apps do on a 3.5 low res screen. BTW I have a droid and itouch and love the ipad.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. Rick Ornberg

Rick Ornberg
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I still use them both, but find that I'm eliminating some apps from the phone that are best suited for the pad, etc. Overall, I'm using a my iPhone much less now, but I wasn't a big talker anyway. The iPhone is still my iPod, but most of my photos are now on the iPad. Still use the phone for texting, but all email and surfing is now on the ipad.

6. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    All the software that's available to the iPad and not the iPhone and Touch is proof enough...

7. ICONYK

ICONYK
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    iPhone and iPad here. I love both.

8. mrdinh

mrdinh
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    one doesn't replace the other...diff purposes

9. henry2

henry2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    here is my take on the socalled unlimited data plans ..they really are not unlimited for they stop you at 5.gb area all plans do no matter who you are with ..i had cricket wireless boardband plan and ran into the fact after 5.gb part after going over the 5.gb limit in one month over me downloading and watching a lot of hulu movies and tv shows on my laptop when traveling ..

i do not buy into the unlimited programs anymore ..when i switched to a desktop i got the highest cable boardband package i could get for a home owner so i would never go over the limit about bandwith useage ..

so that why i stick to a Wifi set up for surfing the web when out for a lot of hotels have free Wifi in there rooms so i use it when iam away from the desktop

10. figmo10

figmo10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Some blogger ran 60 gigs of 3G data through the iPad and posted a screenshot of the usage page. AT&T has repeatedly disclaimed a cap on the unlimited plan. I have <2 gigs on mine since 4/30, so it's likely that I'll exceed 5 gigs in the service month.