What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email Ipages file

BuzyMum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My son finished a cover page for his science project using Ipages and sent the file to me and his science teacher. When I opened the file the cover page was all messed up. I have a hotmail account and not sure what his teacher uses, but I want to make sure his teacher opens the file and sees the document the way it was originally done. How to I fix this? Thank allot

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unless the teacher needs to be able to edit the document, have your son send the page as a PDF instead of a .doc file (which is what I assume he did).

If the teacher uses Pages (possible, many schools use Macs and the iWorks suite), he should send it to the teacher in that format.

If it has to be .doc, then you/he will need to tweak the formatting in Word on the PC before sending it on to the teacher. Or you can play with the original document and try exporting it again, and see what happens.

Whenever you export from one format to another, there is always a chance of messing up some of the formatting. No two apps are 100% compatible.

OP
BuzyMum

BuzyMum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I"ll have my son ask what the teacher uses.

Most reactions

Latest posts