What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is iPad the best option for someone who has never used a computer before?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demon114 said:
Dear all,

I bought my Dad an iPad yesterday and helped him through the set-up process. I woke up this morning to find him searching for things on Google on his own. For someone who has never come to grips with a PC, seeing him use an iPad on his own was amazing.

Thank you all very much for your input and advice! I guess I will start saving up for my own iPad now... ;-)

Regards,

That is wonderful to hear, hopefully it is opening up whole new worlds to him?

The Archangel

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Demon114! We're all glad you liked our thoughts and the quick acceptance by your dad. Now on to email, ebooks, typing by talking, music, sketching, .... there's lots to do with an iPad.

Now, how did you think of finding & using this forum, from a PC yet? Most of us are on it from iPads. Very clever, Demon114 -- kudos.

henry98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another thought, Demon114 -- if you want to do some homework on the iPad before you visit an Apple Store, you can search on the "iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1" at the apple.com website. Lots of detail on how the iPad works and features.
(1) : Go to ipad store alongwith your father and ask to suggest as you want to buy it for yourself. select colour and rest of the things of his choice . Ask him to check with the font size and keys comfort- if that suits him.
(2) : Show some apps, games and features if he shows interest / tempted.
(3) : Get back to home and ask your father to search what will be benefit to have iPad.
If he shows curiosity , this is the right time to buy one for him :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
henry98 said:
(1) : Go to ipad store alongwith your father and ask to suggest as you want to buy it for yourself. select colour and rest of the things of his choice . Ask him to check with the font size and keys comfort- if that suits him.
(2) : Show some apps, games and features if he shows interest / tempted.
(3) : Get back to home and ask your father to search what will be benefit to have iPad.
If he shows curiosity , this is the right time to buy one for him :)

Henry, you need to keep up......he has bought the iPad already......

The Archangel

cherapin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trust me, iPad can be used by anyone! My mom used to say to my iphone: This thing is so complicated! I will stick with my old Nokia.

However, after she used my iphone for few days, she became a huge enthusiast. Now my dad and my mom both use iphone!

VictoriaCourt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do agree with the previous posts. Ipad is handy and they can bring it everywhere. You gave me an idea what to give my mom on her birthday. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts