What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple Doomed?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hehe. No I don't think so, but given that they are at the top and there is fierce competition, I do think they will be hard pressed to remain on the top for very much longer. I think in the phone space they must update their products on a 6-month cycle rather than on a yearly one, and I'm starting to worry that this may be necessary in the tablet space too. I don't see that as needed in the laptop space, though. They got to the top based on their mobile products, so to stay there they need something totally new and fresh. What is that going to be and should we expect it to come from Apple? I'm doubtful. I'm responding to this video:

Last edited by a moderator:

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is a very good topic for discussion. Personally I think that we will see continued success of the iPhone and iPad models. However I think what will really shoot this company into the Stratosphere as far as over all worth and its value in the stock market will be the unveiling of the Apple Television and it's deal to bring the iPhone to China Mobile. If this happens we could easily see Apple stock going over $1000 per share.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope you are correct about the stock, at least. However, I don't believe the TV will be a big seller (assuming you aren't referring to the hockey puck). But we shall see! :)

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you study Apple, you know that they have a history of developing killer products, but keeping them secret until the market is ripe. It wouldn't surprise me if they have ten years' supply of innovations ready to go, just waiting for the right moment. Steve Jobs' real genius wasn't product, it was strategy. It remains to be seen how much longer the company can maintain its momentum without him, but so far the coasting is excellent.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
LannyC said:
If you study Apple, you know that they have a history of developing killer products, but keeping them secret until the market is ripe. It wouldn't surprise me if they have ten years' supply of innovations ready to go, just waiting for the right moment. Steve Jobs' real genius wasn't product, it was strategy. It remains to be seen how much longer the company can maintain its momentum without him, but so far the coasting is excellent.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

I hope you are correct because I like cool products.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope you are correct about the stock, at least. However, I don't believe the TV will be a big seller (assuming you aren't referring to the hockey puck). But we shall see! :)

If or when they do release this tv set I think it will very much depend on the price point. If they can price it the same (maybe a little bit more) as comprable flat screens it has potential to do quite well. We shall see.

BocataDeChoped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish they would apply some "openness" to their products. Everytime I grab my iPad I can't help thinking how much could be accomplished with some minor adjustments.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Doomed?

Are you guys paying any attention at all?

They have the most successful business model of any company, ever...

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you paying attention at all? Did you read a word written or look at the vids?

Most reactions