What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipod two ?

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did a jailbreak on my iPod 2 and it worded... Got Cydia running great but when I went to add a back ground it's not showing but it's there in the package and I check it to use in winterboard....Is there a setting I need to change or something....

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you say you added a "background" do you mean you installed a Wallpaper package? If so, those are likely not compatible with the iPad at all. Remember, Cydia has been around for many years, and it contains packages dating back to the original iPhone. Back in those days there was no wallpaper function in IOS, so jailbreaking allowed you to add backgrounds. These will certainly not work properly now, and will never work on an iPad.

A very large percentage of packages in Cydia are not designed for iPad. You need to carefully look at the descriptions of things before you install them to see if they are designed for our devices.

If you simply want a new background, use the built in Wallpaper function. There are plenty of websites, and of course good old google, where you can source a huge selection of wallpapers.

If you are talking about full Themes for the iPad, again you need to make sure the themes are iPad specific. Have a look in our Themes sub-section to see a good selection of the best ones which are for our devices.

Good luck!

PS - I'm just checking, when you say iPod 2, you mean iPad 2 right? If you actually mean the second generation iPod then I'm not going to be able to help too much. The last time I jailbroke a 2G iPod was bout 5 years ago when I put linux on it! :D Since Cydia doesn't work on an iPod2G, I'm pretty sure you mean iPad ;)

Last edited:
OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found it lol, I can only see it when it's on the charger haha!

OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And yes I was talking about a iPod 2

image-3655425619.jpg

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And yes I was talking about a iPod 2

View attachment 33450

OK. That's an iPod Touch 2G, not an iPod 2 in my head, since the real (classic) iPod2 was my first Apple device back in 2004 I think... ;)
Since Apple have so many different devices and models in the marketplace it is extremely important to be specific about the device you are looking for support with, particularly since this is an iPad specific forum! There are significant differences!

Anyhoo, backgrounds are just as likely to be incompatible with iPod Touch devices if the background was designed for an old iPhone. Do you have the theme at the top of the list in Winterbaord? The order of themes is important, otherwise things higher in the list appear above them on the interface. Drag your active theme to the top of the list. It's odd you would only see it when on charge...

Last edited:
OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry I alway forget about the classic iPod.... :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I alway forget about the classic iPod.... :)

Which of course didn't get rebranded as the classic until after the touch was released, hence the confusion in my head. The iPod2G will always mean the classic to me ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts