What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipod - iphone. Syncing via Icloud

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want to sync most stuff via iCloud but I was looking forward to syncing the "Notes" data.

It never seemed to do it for a long time but all of a sudden it is. I can choose among device, iCloud, and all

Love it.

BUT. I can't seem to get my wife's devices to do the same thing,

Thoughts?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Notes syncing is actually done via the email account. If you look at your email on a computer you'll see a Notes folder. That's where they are all stored. Besides iCloud's @me.com email address you can also sync notes using Yahoo and GMail accounts, and maybe some other IMAP accounts.

Obviously you can not share notes with your wife this way unless you both use the same email, not usually a good option.

My suggestion is to get a different Note taking app. Many of them can sync notes via DropBox, or have their own syncing servers.

If you get a free Evernote account you can keep those notes synced across any number of devices and computers. Use the same account to share all you notes for free, or you can upgrade to a monthly fee to share individual notebooks between accounts.

Many many more options, but as a one person show I've always been happy with Evernote; so you'll have to look elsewhere for a more complete comparison.

Most reactions

Latest posts