What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 5.01 multiple ipads, ipod, and users: sync issue

darwinb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Prior to IOS 5, I managed all music and apps for our iPads and iPod with my email account and an iMac. No problem. After upgrading to IOS 5 I have been having problems syncing. My iTunes music disappeared from my iPad2 and I can't get it back. And a couple of apps bought on the iPad2 won't sync with my iMac. I suspect this has something to do with the me.com account which I use for messaging. I am trying to figure out what I need to sync this stuff up. We are not using iCloud at this time because I am unsure of the ramifications of trying to keep our 2 iPads sync' with each other.

So, my question is: what is the best source of information to sort all this out?
If I go to iCloud then if I buy music or an app, will I have to buy it for each iPad and buy it again on the iMac so I can have it on the iPod?
How do I get my music back on my iPad2 which I would need to do to back it to iCloud.

Is there a better place to post this question?

Thx for any help

Darwinb

OP
D

darwinb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, fixed the missing iTunes issue, user error when sync-ing. Now just want to find out about iCloud with multiple users, multiple units, and a strategy to keep them sync'd. If I use iCloud, can I avoid having to buy apps for each machine? I would prefer to buy an app once and have it available on both machines, but that only seems to work by backing both machines to my local iMac. Unfortunately since my wife an I both have our own me.com accounts, so we can use iMessage, that also presents issues.
Any thoughts appreciated.

Most reactions

Latest posts