What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone downloads appear on iPad!

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What explains apps appearing on my iPad after downloading to my iPhone, but *not* to my iPad?
I don’t recall encountering such a setting.

thank you!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In Settings > iTunes & App Stores you can turn on/off automatic downloads for new purchases for Music, Apps, Books, and App Updates. Sounds like you have it turned on for Apps on the iPad and off for the iPhone.

Looks like these setting have been moved to the individual App Store, Books, and Music app in the upcoming iOS 14.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At a guess you may have both your iPhone and iPad are on the same Apple ID. I get this, although between two iPhone 8’s, but not between iPhone and iPad, but then the iPad is a lot older. I have not found, or really looked, for a way to stop it.

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In Settings > iTunes & App Stores you can turn on/off automatic downloads for new purchases for Music, Apps, Books, and App Updates. Sounds like you have it turned on for Apps on the iPad and off for the iPhone.

Looks like these setting have been moved to the individual App Store, Books, and Music app in the upcoming iOS 14.

Yep..you’re exactly right, twerppoet.
Thank you

Most reactions