What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps appearing

Coolguy77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded an app on my iphone then when i opened it up my ipad the exact same app appeared on my ipad. I never touched the app before.... Can anyone explain? is their some kind of option that syncs apps u downloaded on your device and also download it on all others?? O_O:mad::mad:

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I downloaded an app on my iphone then when i opened it up my ipad the exact same app appeared on my ipad. I never touched the app before.... Can anyone explain? is their some kind of option that syncs apps u downloaded on your device and also download it on all others?? O_O:mad::mad:

This is one of the new iCloud features. You can remove the app from the device if you don't want it there and there is a setting in iTunes where it can be turned off.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

Regarding your question, some Apps are "universal", that is there are versions for the iPhone as well as the iPad. Many developers allow both versions to be purchased at the same time on the App store. When you sync your iPhone or iPad the app will automatically download. If you don't want the app on one of your devices, simply delete it by tapping and holding the icon until it jiggles, then tap on the circled "X" in the upper right-hand corner. Going forward it will no longer sync when you connect to iTunes. If you want it back just go to the Apps area in iTunes and check the box next to the app the next time you sync.

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Help area where you're likely to get a better response to your question.

Welcome again and enjoy!

OP
C

Coolguy77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this work even on itunes on a computer? If I download an app will it get sent to my ipad too? Where is the option to activate this or is it already?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Coolguy77 said:
Does this work even on itunes on a computer? If I download an app will it get sent to my ipad too? Where is the option to activate this or is it already?

If you purchase the app via iTunes on your computer and if it's a universal app it will automatically be added to your iPad (or iPhone) the next time you sync. Again, you can delete it from your iPad or uncheck it in iTunes for whichever device you don't want it to be on.

Keep in mind all apps are not universal and many are separate iPad and iPhone apps (and you'd need to buy each one). You can usually visit the app's information page to determine which is which.

Last edited:

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In settings on the iPad, go to store and choose whether to automatically download apps, music, and/or iBooks purchased on other devices. This can also be set up in iTunes on the computer. This is the first part of the cloud released.

Most reactions

Latest posts