What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPF not showing up in Settings

Williebye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently to change personal settings the help area says to go to Settings selecting this app from the Apps Area. iPF does not appear. I have rebooted my iPad with no result. Any suggestions?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the Help section as I think it might receive better attention there. I hope this is OK.

Tim
iPad Forum Moderator

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Williebye said:
Apparently to change personal settings the help area says to go to Settings selecting this app from the Apps Area. iPF does not appear. I have rebooted my iPad with no result. Any suggestions?

I've got the app and you are right it doesn't show in the iPad settings. Are you sure it's not the more button on the app itself that you need because there is a setting section in there and you can change the post and thread amounts etc... Have you tried there. If you have, I'm sorry I can't help you unless you mean the website of course!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I've got the app and you are right it doesn't show in the iPad settings. Are you sure it's not the more button on the app itself that you need because there is a setting section in there and you can change the post and thread amounts etc... Have you tried there. If you have, I'm sorry I can't help you unless you mean the website of course!

Spot on Hayley. ;)

iPF->More->Settings is the way to change stuff

OP
Williebye

Williebye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:

I did look there first and it might just be the case but I find this app less than intuitive. What I'm trying to do is just add an Avatar or image to my profile icon area. You have a nice one displayed. Could it have been a choice when I first ran the program and I don't know hoe to get back there? Thanks.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Williebye said:
I did look there first and it might just be the case but I find this app less than intuitive. What I'm trying to do is just add an Avatar or image to my profile icon area. You have a nice one displayed. Could it have been a choice when I first ran the program and I don't know hoe to get back there? Thanks.

Oh, yes, now I know what you need, it's the website I'm afraid, there is a user CP I think and you go in there to choose your profile and that will give you loads of options. That is the one thing the app doesn't do but don't let that put you off, I much prefer the app because it is just a button away and updates with just a slide of finger. You need to try both, it's each to his own I'm afraid!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Spot on Hayley. ;)

iPF->More->Settings is the way to change stuff

Yay! I got it! Thanks DUMI,

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Williebye said:

Oh, yes, now I know what you need, it's the website I'm afraid, there is a user CP I think and you go in there to choose your profile and that will give you loads of options. That is the one thing the app doesn't do but don't let that put you off, I much prefer the app because it is just a button away and updates with just a slide of finger. You need to try both, it's each to his own I'm afraid!

Spot on again, Hayley - this is becoming a habit!!

Tim

OP
Williebye

Williebye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Spot on again, Hayley - this is becoming a habit!!

Tim

I wish I could say that helped .."user CP?" what webpage?(the developer website shows an error when accessed from iPF on the App Store and the developer page recycles back to the Apple Store)
There isn't anywhere in iPF settings that I could find to create or change the icon. Nor is it on my profile settings. Most are drop down selections or On or Off answers. Sorry for being so thick.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Williebye said:
I wish I could say that helped .."user CP?" what webpage?(the developer website shows an error when accessed from iPF on the App Store and the developer page recycles back to the Apple Store)
There isn't anywhere in iPF settings that I could find to create or change the icon. Nor is it on my profile settings. Most are drop down selections or On or Off answers. Sorry for being so thick.

Have you gone to ipadforums.net website? On safari?

OP
Williebye

Williebye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
To add a user Avatar, you will have to use a browser, preferably on your desktop, as it doesn't work well from the iPad.

Anyway, on ipadforums.net, you would go to User CP, than to Edit Profile Picture.

Now thats more like it!
I love my iPad so much I almost forgot I had an iMac. Thanks, the both of you.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Williebye said:
Now thats more like it!
I love my iPad so much I almost forgot I had an iMac. Thanks, the both of you.

Great look, you made me change mine to see if I could do it on my iPad. I can! Access the website on Safari. I haven't tried doing my picture yet, because I wouldn't want my ugly mug on here.

Great minds think alike we both went blue!

Most reactions

Latest posts