What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPF App - How to Reset Notification Count

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Having started to use the iPad Forum App, I find one feature quite annoying, the little red circle that indicates how many new notifications there are. I have turned this off in Settings, but there are still some unread notifications. The problem is that there seems to be no way to tell which posts to open to cancel the count. I have gotten those count down to 2 but can't track down the last 2.

Also, I find scrolling through the posts unsatifactory. Firstly the way that you just keep making the list longer isn't very satisfactory, I would rather see the "normal" page selection. Secondly it seems to be too easy to accidentally select a post while trying to scroll through them.

Apart from that, I quite like it.

EDIT: Rest in the title should read Reset.

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Forcing a refresh using the icon in the upper right conner sometimes moves the unread articles closer to the top of the screen.

The display order seems to be based on the most recent reply.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To reset the notifications counter, go to Current at the bottom of the screen, click on the icon in the upper right corner then select Mark All Read and that will reset the counter.

ipad86.jpg

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A word of caution about using the method above... When you do this, it will mark every thread in the forum as having been read, whether you are subscribed or not and no matter if you are using the IPF app or using the regular website interface.

I just found this out!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well to be completely honest with you, and with all due respect to the person (people?) who came up with the IPF app, I still prefer to use the regular website. Sorry!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So do I. And most of the time I use the computer. It is faster, and if I need to look something up it's easier. But iPF is good for out and about or catching up with the forum in bed.

I don't even use the web site for reading new threads. I scan through the RSS feed with Google Reader, then go to the site for threads I'm interested in or want to reply to.

Wish there was a way of tagging articles for later. That way I could read on iPF and mark threads that I want to reply to in depth for later.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts