What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 Sync problem

amateur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Forum,

This constant problem with connecting to computers cannot seem to be fixed by Apple. How hard can it be ????? I have done everything - restarted laptop and iPad so many times my fingers hurt - downloaded the updated iTunes - tried every usb port, no way does it see the iPad. I have read all the troubleshooting advice, nothing. The iPad makes that noise, same as when it is connected to the charger, but zilch. I have not dowloaded the new iOS 6.1.3, it seems to have zero benefits for me, could this be it ? I am scared to approach the 'genious" bar, because some genious wiped my hard drive last time I did. Is there a fix to this which is left of centre guys/girls please ?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Forum,

This constant problem with connecting to computers cannot seem to be fixed by Apple. How hard can it be ????? I have done everything - restarted laptop and iPad so many times my fingers hurt - downloaded the updated iTunes - tried every usb port, no way does it see the iPad. I have read all the troubleshooting advice, nothing. The iPad makes that noise, same as when it is connected to the charger, but zilch. I have not dowloaded the new iOS 6.1.3, it seems to have zero benefits for me, could this be it ? I am scared to approach the 'genious" bar, because some genious wiped my hard drive last time I did. Is there a fix to this which is left of centre guys/girls please ?

Take a look at your battery percentage. If it is less than 10%, let the iPad recharge completely.

Sometimes anti-virus software on your pc can cause problems. Shut it down and try to connect your iPad to the computer. Don't forget to restart the anti-virus software again afterwards.

OP
A

amateur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Johanna from lovely Austria, where I will be visiting soon. Fully charged iPad, trying to connect to my Macbook Pro. It did work some time ago, just decided now is not the time. Maybe I get lucky soon.......
Kind regards from Sydney

Most reactions

Latest posts