ipad3 not charging - connected to power intermittent

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by jx3, Dec 5, 2015.

1. jx3

jx3
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I am having problem charging my ipad3. "Connected to power" icon won't display most of the time when it's connected to the charger. When it does connect, I try to fully charge the battery. Purchased a new charger and I have the same problem. The usb connector was purchased recently. Have any of you have similar problem ? Thanks in advance. jx3

2. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Check the iPad charge port for dirt or damage and try a different cable. Just because the sub cable is new doesn't mean it can't be broke.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Agree w/ Brian - use a can of compressed air (gently now) and blow into the charge port and try again; in addition to a different cable and/or charger, also tell us specifically which charger(s) you are using, i.e. are they Apple ones or 'other brands' and if the latter what is there power output in wattage (i.e. Volts x Amps - 10 to 12 Watts is the usual power charger needed for an iPad). Dave :)

#3 giradman, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    In addition, if you haven't already done so, try plugging the charger into a different power outlet on a different circuit. If none of this works, it's time for a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store to see if there are any hardware issues with the iPad. Take the charger and cable with you so they can be checked as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List