What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 or Ipad3?

bluemojo70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a huge difference between ipad2 and ipad3. Is it worth the additional money. Want to buy one for my 12 year old, and don't want to find that apps are no longer compatible if i go for the slightly cheaper option. Many thanks in advance :)

SarcasticIndeed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bluemojo70 said:
Is there a huge difference between ipad2 and ipad3. Is it worth the additional money. Want to buy one for my 12 year old, and don't want to find that apps are no longer compatible if i go for the slightly cheaper option. Many thanks in advance :)

Te largest difference between two is the display. The new iPad features Retina graphics and double the resolution of the old one. Other than that, it has slightly better configuration. If your child is going to play many graphics intensive games, then I would recommend the new iPad. iPad 2 is still able to play all apps that I know of, and probably will be able to pay them throughout the future.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We are expecting the iPad mini to be announced this coming Tuesday. If the rumors prove true, you may find one of these models to be a better choice for a twelve-year old.

If it were me, I'd get the iPad 2 for a 12-year old. The main advantage of the new iPad is the high resolution screen and it may just be overkill for a young child.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We are expecting the iPad mini to be announced this coming Tuesday. If the rumors prove true, you may find one of these models to be a better choice for a twelve-year old.

If it were me, I'd get the iPad 2 for a 12-year old. The main advantage of the new iPad is the high resolution screen and it may just be overkill for a young child.

Great advice!
I agree that the iPad 3 for a 12 year old isn't necessarily unless he is a big gamer, then the retina display might be worth the $$

btw - With a 12 year old invest in the AppleCare+ coverage.......covers drops and glass breakage ($50 deductable).

Most reactions

Latest posts