What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 ios upgrade to 5.0.1

dyoseph19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi To All,

Just bought new ipad2 with ios 5.0, as we all know absinthe able to jailbreak only 5.0.1, thats why I decided to upgrade to 5.0.1' the problem is itunes is giving the latest ios version 5.1. I tried custom firmware update, yet I've been encountering the famous 3194 error' tried to do the workaround by adding the gs.apple.com host, but it failed. Tried downloading tiny umbrella but when i run the save SHSH it shows no data at all.

Is there any other way to upgrade my IOS to 5.0.1. Please shed some light here guys.

Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, there is no way to upgrade that new iPad2 to iOS 5.0.1. Apple has long closed that signing window and so now all you can do is upgrade to iOS 5.1 and start hoping that a jail break for that version is released soon. Sorry.

Marilyn

P.S. And since you talk about jail breaking, I've taken the liberties and moved this post to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts