What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 iCloud email - not connecting - wifi OK

calcmach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I recently bought an Ipad2 to use for collage and basically I'm pleased with it.
However, I have one major problem.

I am unable to read my iCloud Email at Collage - though internet is connected and Safari works fine.

"Checking for mail..." will spin for 2-3 minutes - then it says "Updated DD/MM/YY HH:MM"
However - the date and time stamp is the last one from home - in actual fact nothing is updated.
*) I am unable to read previous mail either (loading...)
*) No error message is given.

At home I have wifi set up and the iCloud mail work fine.
At collage I am unable to read my mail.
As soon as I get back home - all is fine again.
(I tested one hotspot at a coffee shop and iCloud email was ok)

Now at collage there is a "Confirmation web Page" which pops up when I use the iPad2 from time to time.
I checked the iCloud Email immediately after such a confirmation, and the problem consisted.
Once again, I point out that wifi is connected at 8 MB and ALL other apps - Safari - YouTube etc are working fine with the internet.

I did approach technical support at collage - but they are unable to help without any error message of log file.

Thanks, Erez

Most reactions

Latest posts