What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 charging issue

sivaram4110

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Forum members,
I have an iPad 2 since Nov. 2011. Suddenly, I have found my iPad2 is not charging from 12th March,2011. I have checked the Wall charger has output of 5.2 V. The docking chord is functional since I was able to sync with my Desktop. Can anyone suggest solution.Thanks

alongeasy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
please try with other cable to current charger head. maybe charger head got problem.
I thinks if charging, the batt logo top right will switch to other logo. the one with the current inside.
try install diagnostic apps for ipad. maybe u can trace if there is any wrong anywhere.

OzLing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 needs a 2 Amp charger. If the original charger has failed, then you can source a cheapie 2 Amp (or higher output) USB charger from ebay. A higher Amp charger will not harm the iPad 2, as the iPad 2 will draw up to 2 Amps only. If you get a lower amp unit, then it will take a lot longer to charge the iPad.

I've got several scattered all over the house, as well as one in the car's cigarette lighter.

Most reactions

Latest posts