What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad2 not charging!

spinningking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using wall charger, ipad2 will not charge! brand new, less than 1 month. Not jailbroken. searched forum, could not find anything, matching my issue. thanks! :)

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you're using the wall charger that came with the iPad, take it and the iPad to an Apple store or where you bought the iPad. Have them check it out.
If you're using an earlier charger, like one that came with your iPod, it may not put out enough current to show the iPad as charging.
If you're using an after market charger, make sure it was made for the iPad2.

OP
S

spinningking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're using the wall charger that came with the iPad, take it and the iPad to an Apple store or where you bought the iPad. Have them check it out.
If you're using an earlier charger, like one that came with your iPod, it may not put out enough current to show the iPad as charging.
If you're using an after market charger, make sure it was made for the iPad2.
Thank you! I am using the one that came in the box, with the IPad2...

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I take it that it did work when you first got it. Probably a bad charger, but it can't hurt to have both the charger and iPad in hand when you have them test it for you.
Good luck.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you! I am using the one that came in the box, with the IPad2...

Welcome to the forum! :)

If you're using the 10W charger that came w/ your iPad, then make sure there is indeed power in the wall socket (some can be switched off) or try the charger in another wall outlet. If available exchange the USB-docking cord for a different one or check the cord w/ another device, such as an iPod.

If none of these suggestions are helpful, then I agree that you likely need the Apple or Apple-accredited people to check the charger, cord, and iPad itself for the potential problem - good luck and post back your solution - may help others!

OP
S

spinningking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take it that it did work when you first got it. Probably a bad charger, but it can't hurt to have both the charger and iPad in hand when you have them test it for you.
Good luck.
Yes, It did work out of the box! Won't even work using usb plugged into a computer. Second time it has done this in a week.

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It probably would not work from a usb on a pc since those don't put out the current needed either. The suggestions above are also very good. It could very well be the cable. Take that with you too for testing.

OP
S

spinningking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

If you're using the 10W charger that came w/ your iPad, then make sure there is indeed power in the wall socket (some can be switched off) or try the charger in another wall outlet. If available exchange the USB-docking cord for a different one or check the cord w/ another device, such as an iPod.

If none of these suggestions are helpful, then I agree that you likely need the Apple or Apple-accredited people to check the charger, cord, and iPad itself for the potential problem - good luck and post back your solution - may help others!
Thank You for the welcome! Nothing has worked, I guess I will take it back to Best Buy, see if they can help. Thanks for all replies. :)

OP
S

spinningking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
update: the problem was the charger, the wire part was defective, took it back to best buy, they wanted me to buy a new charger, then one of the managers said
come to the geek squad section, did a few things to check it and gave me a new one! Free!! all is good so far! thanks for your support here. awesome forum!

Most reactions