What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 capacity problem.

Stuartf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My music collection reduced my available capacity to just 2gb so I deleted most of it - I have an ipod so I will use that instead.

The total erased was 4.6 gb but the available capacity is stuck at 2gb - can anyone tell me why this large deletion has not increased the capacity available.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Stuartf,
Try a reboot of your iPad. Either hold down the power button until the slider asking you to power off shows up and then power it off. Wait until it shuts down, then press the power button again to start it back up. Or, hold both the power button and the Home button, without the iPad plugged in to your computer, until the slide to power off slider shows up and disappears and then the Apple logo shows up. Release the buttons and the iPad will reboot.
Now check the available space on your iPad. Dd it change?

OP
S

Stuartf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, but no, it didnt make any difference. its all very strange! I did a similar exercise some time ago and it worked immediately.
Regards,

Stuart

Most reactions

Latest posts