Battery drain problem in iPad 2 wifi running ios 6.1.2

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by jcodefish, May 20, 2013.

1. jcodefish

jcodefish
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys, im using Battery Doctor pro to monitor my battery on my iPad2 wifi and normally turn on the iPad for almost 7-8 hours everyday. but recently i am facing a battery drain, the battery capacity dropped from 5800mAh to 5574mAh in just 4 days. one month back it was around 6200mAh. why am i getting such a steep drop? and is 'trickle' charge option in Battery Doctor pro harming my battery as i did not face the battery drain problem before using Battery Doc pro. or is any app causing this problem? please help!

2. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    It's quite possible that the battery doctor is the issue if that's the only thing that's changed on your unit since this started happening. Try a full recharge and then turn off or remove the battery doctor and see how things go. That's the sure test.

3. jcodefish

jcodefish
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    ok. good idea. is it possible that trickle charge might cause this battery problem because i can still charge my battery for almost 30 minutes after it says 100% on the battery. so im a bit suspicious.

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You can leave your iPad plugged in indefinitely after it says 100% charged, you will not harm the battery in any way.

5. jcodefish

jcodefish
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    ok. so does that mean overcharging will not happen even after 100% charged and plugged in? i'v heard that overcharging and undercharging reduces the battery life.

6. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You cannot overcharge the iPad battery, the built in charging circuitry prevents this. The only way you can do your battery lasting harm is to drain it completely dead and leaved it in a dead state for an extended period of time.

7. jcodefish

jcodefish
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    oh scifan57, thanks for the info. so trickle charge wouldnt harm my battery :) so best option for me is to fully charge it and uninstall battery doc pro and see what happens.

8. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That would be a good way of discovering if the battery doctor pro app is actually the cause of your battery drain. Let is know if it works.

9. jcodefish

jcodefish
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys, so i uninstalled battery doc pro and my iPad 2 just works fine. I did 3 full charge test and on one full charge i can normally use it for a day. I think the monitoring of apps by battery doc pro is the main problem, it closes unused apps which are open for a long time so basically it has to keep a timer on all open apps. Or it could be a bug with the app, I dont know if others are facing the same problem but thats what im suspecting abased on my experiment. :)

10. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Great, sounds like you found the issue. Maybe contact the app developers and let them know? Has anyone else you know complained about this problem?