What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad

Reaction score
Perfect999 said:
Can a pc and iPad in the same house cause the wifi speed to decrease?

Yes, that is entirely possible.

However, there are various factors to consider. When you say wifi speed, do you mean local transfer speed, I.e. file transfer from a PC to wireless hard drive, or the Internet speed?

Anyhow, when both the PC and iPad are connected to the Internet and actively download stuff, then yes, the Internet connection may be the limiting factor and thus reduce download speed for either device, as the Internet connection gets shared. This is more likely to occur with a slow internet connection. For me, the fiber-optics connection is faster then the iPad's wifi connection, so it is not really an issue.

Overall, if you are just browsing the web, you won't notice much slowdown on either device.

The other question is, what wifi router you use.

Somehow incomplete answer, my brain is already asleep at 1am :(

Anyway, usually you shouldn't notice much slowdown, unless you download movies, etc. then the Internet on the other device will be slightly slower.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

As usual, DontUnderstandMyIpad has given a very thorough answer to your question, so I don't think I can add anything to what he has already said. But please don't hesitate to get back to us again if there are other issues that you need help with.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts