What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Won't Start

mybadstudios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there

I am having a similar yet much more serious problem. Google has resulted in 2 answers: "Reboot with both buttons help down or go see Apple". Ya think? :D LOL

Anyways, I just installed 5.0.1 and since then my iPad 1 should just shut down at random. I mean, it is working and then the screen is black and I have to boot it up completely. Then it got a little worse in that it may or may not boot up when I press and hold both buttons together for any length of time.

It has now been two days since I've last managed to get it to boot.

I know my iPhone has an issue where the home button stops responding and no matter what you do, it just won't respond. As soon as I plug in the power cable, it immediate starts working again so then I can just pull the cable out again and all is well. With my iPad I also experienced that, on occasions when I couldn't get it to boot, as soon as I remove the power cable, it automatically starts booting again... but like I said, it's been two days now since I last got it to boot.

Last time it went off the batter was at 86% so I don't think that is the issue. It's been on charge on my iMac for the last day so even if it were the issue, it is definitely charged up now... but I can't get it to boot. I want to boot up and install 5.0.0 again and see if that solves my issue... but I can't get it booted so I can do that... No restore mode, no DFU mode, no normal mode, no clue what to do...

Please help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. Just posting to tell you that I've moved your [not so similar] issue to its own thread. That way, more eyes can see it versus skimming over a very old post.

I really don't have an answer to your problem, sorry. But, hopefully someone will come along that can help. Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts