What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad won't send emails using 3G after IOS6 upgrade

PrincessFiona

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My emails will send and receive fine when I am home and connected to my Wifi network. If I am out and about using the 3G SIM card for email it will receive but not send. It comes up with an error message saying "The recipient was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying." The emails will send when I get home and the Wifi kicks in. This was not a problem before I uploaded IOS6. It is also affecting the email on my 4S iPhone - exactly the same issue. I have deleted the account and recreated it from scratch. I have turned off the iPad and turned it back on again. I have entere a password into the outgoing mail settings but that really upset the apple cart. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

rolledm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the sameproblem either. I have to turn on my 4G network to download or view the
picture message. But when i download using by 4G network, I am not sure if it
charge when u download or view the picture message or not. So anyone could
tell me does it charge if i use 4G network to download the picture message ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My emails will send and receive fine when I am home and connected to my Wifi network. If I am out and about using the 3G SIM card for email it will receive but not send. It comes up with an error message saying "The recipient was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying." The emails will send when I get home and the Wifi kicks in. This was not a problem before I uploaded IOS6. It is also affecting the email on my 4S iPhone - exactly the same issue. I have deleted the account and recreated it from scratch. I have turned off the iPad and turned it back on again. I have entere a password into the outgoing mail settings but that really upset the apple cart. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

It sounds as if you have a problem with your Internet Service Provider (ISP), not the iPad. Your home service provider is telling you that it won't forward your e-mails on through it's servers.

All I can think of is that the settings must have changed with iOS 6. So, I'd recommend contacting your ISP to get assistance in using your e-mail.

Marilyn

OP
P

PrincessFiona

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who replied. I went to the Apple store and the solution was to go into the outgoing mail settings and put in the username and password for my email account. While this wasn't needed for my emails to work in IOS5 it is required for emails to send via the 3G network using IOS6. I hope that this helps other people who have this issue.
Thanks - Princess Fiona

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who replied. I went to the Apple store and the solution was to go into the outgoing mail settings and put in the username and password for my email account. While this wasn't needed for my emails to work in IOS5 it is required for emails to send via the 3G network using IOS6. I hope that this helps other people who have this issue.
Thanks - Princess Fiona

And thank you Princess for the feedback re the solution. It helps others who may have the same problem and reassures members who may have put in time to respond, even to research, to provide you with a satisfactory conclusion.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Developmobileapp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.developmobileapp.com
I suppose there is some problem with your internet service provider (ISP) that is why such problem is occuring because iPad is able to send and receive e-mails. So check your internet services whether they are working properly or not.

Tim Thorne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As with the others I had to put in the username and password in the outgoing smtp section and it cured the problems straight away

Last edited:

alastair todd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If am having the same issue with Wifi but adding username and password gives a problem with smtp server not accepting password authentication

Most reactions

Latest posts