What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad with Seagate Satellite Wi-Fi

sbaldus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the Seagate Satellite with Wi-Fi. I really like it and I have converted some of my DVDs to MP4 and they play on the iPad.

The problem I have is i need to play the videos and do everything else through the Seagate app... "GoFlex Media". Now, if I ONLY want to watch the video on the iPad, it is OK. BUT, when I plug in the cable to watch a video on a TV .... the video does not output. If I am watching something that was downloaded from iTunes and saved on the iPad, it will play on the TV as I am using the iPad app for videos.

1. Can I address external sources and play through the iPad app "Videos" ??
2. Is there a way to actually download from the Seagate drive to the folder on the iPad where the video app would look for videos?

Fuzzy Cat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The software on the Seagate Satellite is near useless and bloated. I hacked mine and now with the new software I can do things like playback music from the SS while surfing using my home wifi
a thing you can't do with the original firmware. There is a lot more things you can do after hacking the SS.
I don't know if I can put the site address on here but if you Google for "hack seagate satellite" you should find the site.

Lusid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To AirPlay out, use the browser interface.

To download for offline viewing, either use the seagate app, or use a 3rd party dlna client with offline support. 8player or goodplayer for example.

OP
S

sbaldus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lusid said:
To AirPlay out, use the browser interface.

To download for offline viewing, either use the seagate app, or use a 3rd party dlna client with offline support. 8player or goodplayer for example.

Yeah .... I figured that out; just went to safari and typed n the URL for the wireless HD. Gives me a view similar to the Go Flex Media app., but I am able to choose a video and play through the external port on my TV. Kinda of round about way to get the job done, but it works.

Most reactions

Latest posts