What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Vs iPad 2 : Which One To choose?

Man29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well iPad 2 is now out and it's have some great changes and features which we are missing first generation! I was today reading a blog about iPad Vs iPad 2 and it was simple comparison but informative one, here is link:

Which should be best? I'm noob but expert's comments is good for me to choose to have current want or go for new one!

Last edited:

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 is the best of course but the iPad 1 is by no means outdated. It will get full support, updates and so forth, for a long time yet.

The iPad 2 has the same screen resolution so no worries there. The biggest differences to me is the iPad 2 has a faster processor but if you never use the iPad 2 you won't notice anything, the iPad 1 is mighty quick. The weight and thickness is not THAT much difference but again it'll only seem like a big deal if you only use the 1.

Price! The refurb iPad 1's, for the 16 gig wi-fi, only are running $349 I think. Or close to that. The refurbs have the same warranty as new, has a new battery and outer casing which is all that matters.

You can only get a refurb by ordering it from the Apple website and the availability comes and goes but it shouldn't be a long wait to get one.

I just looked and they have them right now... http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad/wi_fi ...but only the 32 and 64 GB. $429 and $529 which means when they have the 16's they will be $20 less than I said above at $329! A great deal!

Here are the +3G's...
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad/wi_fi_3g

iPad Crazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2. or 2.or you might want to think about 2.

But seriously…both are great, but I'm really enjoy version 2 even more.

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is never good to get the previous year's version of an electronic device, as the current model will obviously have more longevity because it will get more software updates and it has the latest technology. If money is the issue, then yes, get the iPad 1.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have both, but I can honestly say the ipad2 is much faster. The camera issue to me is a mute point as I never use the camera.

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is never good to get the previous year's version of an electronic device, as the current model will obviously have more longevity because it will get more software updates and it has the latest technology. If money is the issue, then yes, get the iPad 1.

It's a great idea money wise to get the 1 and hold it until the 3 comes out though. And really, the 1 will get all the same updates and so forth as the 2 until at least then and longer.

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have both, but I can honestly say the ipad2 is much faster. The camera issue to me is a mute point as I never use the camera.

Same for me about the camera. If you have a iPhone you can use it as a external camera and just email the pictures to yourself and put them on the iPad with no loss of quality of the image at all like you do with dropbox.

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And it's like the iPhone and iPad compliment each other in many other ways other than the camera too. Very desirable to have both.

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It's a great idea money wise to get the 1 and hold it until the 3 comes out though. And really, the 1 will get all the same updates and so forth as the 2 until at least then and longer.

It will always be less expensive to get the previous year's model, but as far as getting all of the same updates, where did you read this? Apple has shown that they support models up to a certain point, and the older models are the ones who eventually get left out. Look at the iPhone and iPhone 3G, do they get 4.3 support? Nope, so again, while I'm sure the iPad while be supported for a while, but according to the way Apple has done this so far, there will be a time when the iPad, being the older model, will be left out of an update that the iPad 2 will get.....just as there will be a time when the iPad 2 will be left out of an update that the iPad 3 will get.

Breitling65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well iPad 2 is now out and it's have some great changes and features which we are missing first generation! I was today reading a blog about iPad Vs iPad 2 and it was simple comparison but informative one, here is link:

Which should be best? I'm noob but expert's comments is good for me to choose to have current want or go for new one!

2, 1 is total junk in compare. Just hold it in hands both first.

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Breitling65 said:
2, 1 is total junk in compare. Just hold it in hands both first.

Are you serious? I guess we all have our own preferences but damn, to write off the 1 when you can get it for $329 seems a bit harsh over a few ounces. They weight is better on the 2 of course but it's not like it's a carrying around a laptop or something cumbersome or carrying around a big rock.

Most reactions

Latest posts