iPad Vs iPad 2 : Which One To choose?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Man29, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Man29

Man29 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well iPad 2 is now out and it's have some great changes and features which we are missing first generation! I was today reading a blog about iPad Vs iPad 2 and it was simple comparison but informative one, here is link:

iPad Vs iPad 2 : Which One To choose?

Which should be best? I'm noob but expert's comments is good for me to choose to have current want or go for new one!
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  2. Stefx

Stefx iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ipad 2
  3. SporkLover

SporkLover iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    iPad 2 with it's dual core processor is more future proof.
  4. gmaines

gmaines iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    IPad 2. Love it.
  5. totemynote

totemynote iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The iPad 2 is the best of course but the iPad 1 is by no means outdated. It will get full support, updates and so forth, for a long time yet.

The iPad 2 has the same screen resolution so no worries there. The biggest differences to me is the iPad 2 has a faster processor but if you never use the iPad 2 you won't notice anything, the iPad 1 is mighty quick. The weight and thickness is not THAT much difference but again it'll only seem like a big deal if you only use the 1.

Price! The refurb iPad 1's, for the 16 gig wi-fi, only are running $349 I think. Or close to that. The refurbs have the same warranty as new, has a new battery and outer casing which is all that matters.

You can only get a refurb by ordering it from the Apple website and the availability comes and goes but it shouldn't be a long wait to get one.

I just looked and they have them right now... http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad/wi_fi ...but only the 32 and 64 GB. $429 and $529 which means when they have the 16's they will be $20 less than I said above at $329! A great deal!

Here are the +3G's...
    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad/wi_fi_3g
  6. iPad Crazy

iPad Crazy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    2. or 2.or you might want to think about 2.

But seriously…both are great, but I'm really enjoy version 2 even more.
  7. briankeith513

briankeith513 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is never good to get the previous year's version of an electronic device, as the current model will obviously have more longevity because it will get more software updates and it has the latest technology. If money is the issue, then yes, get the iPad 1.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
  8. kentsaint

kentsaint iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And the answer is...iPad 2
  9. ThePhotog

ThePhotog iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We have both, but I can honestly say the ipad2 is much faster. The camera issue to me is a mute point as I never use the camera.
  10. totemynote

totemynote iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's a great idea money wise to get the 1 and hold it until the 3 comes out though. And really, the 1 will get all the same updates and so forth as the 2 until at least then and longer.
  11. totemynote

totemynote iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same for me about the camera. If you have a iPhone you can use it as a external camera and just email the pictures to yourself and put them on the iPad with no loss of quality of the image at all like you do with dropbox.
  12. totemynote

totemynote iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And it's like the iPhone and iPad compliment each other in many other ways other than the camera too. Very desirable to have both.
  13. briankeith513

briankeith513 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It will always be less expensive to get the previous year's model, but as far as getting all of the same updates, where did you read this? Apple has shown that they support models up to a certain point, and the older models are the ones who eventually get left out. Look at the iPhone and iPhone 3G, do they get 4.3 support? Nope, so again, while I'm sure the iPad while be supported for a while, but according to the way Apple has done this so far, there will be a time when the iPad, being the older model, will be left out of an update that the iPad 2 will get.....just as there will be a time when the iPad 2 will be left out of an update that the iPad 3 will get.

14. Breitling65

Breitling65 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    2, 1 is total junk in compare. Just hold it in hands both first.
  15. totemynote

totemynote iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you serious? I guess we all have our own preferences but damn, to write off the 1 when you can get it for $329 seems a bit harsh over a few ounces. They weight is better on the 2 of course but it's not like it's a carrying around a laptop or something cumbersome or carrying around a big rock.
  16. briankeith513

briankeith513 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lol, yeah, to say 1 is total junk is ridiculous. Obviously 1 is a great device, with the amount of sales, and the fact that there have been so many positive reviews and comments about the first one. To say iPad 2 is better than iPad 1, that's true and obvious, but to call iPad 1 junk is a stupid comment.

17. totemynote

totemynote iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Heh, I concur! It is the honest to goodness truth that the 1 will have full support for a Loooooooooong time. Look at how long the older iPhones got full support. I mean I can't understand how so many think that the 1 is "trash". The price for a new one for one thing (refurbs are exactly the same as a new one in every way that matters). Also it is a very wise move to get the 1 one now and then wait for the 3. The 3 will have the retina screen for sure. That is one BIG thing that makes the 2 not a big deal compared to the 1. The 2 has the exact same resolution as the 1.
  18. Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Yep. Just because it's last year's model doesn't make it "junk", particularly if it's STILL better than the majority of current competing devices. To think otherwise is inane. ESPECIALLY if it's an Apple product. When was the last time Apple made any junk? You'd have to dig wayyyy back into the 90s to find something that you could call "junk" when compared to the iPad 1.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2011
  19. jwt873

jwt873 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    I dropped by the local Apple store just yesterday and took my first look at the iPad version 2... If I didn't already have the one, I would have bought the two right then and there... It's so light and thin compared to the first model.. It's really noticeable.

I think I'm going to wait for the 3... I want a pad with 4G and hopefully whatever follows the 2 will be 4G capable.
  20. Breitling65

Breitling65 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Stupid is to show this stupid gif or whatever on each of you reply. What the heck is this?