ipad users - please tell me about your ipad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Maya, May 19, 2010.

1. Dragonrider

Dragonrider
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Maya - This is a project that I would assign to a class...

I am a PhD, running a company creating human and veterinary diagnostics (with occasional teaching episodes) - I find the use of the iPad catches and attracts attention when graphics are needed, and the iPad is perfect for quick sketches of ideas - like a dry erase board at lunch... displaying images from our clinical trials, and molecular images have already been very useful. Finally, we have created short forms for our trials that use the iPad as data entry.

The unwieldily nature of a laptop is emphasized with the use of the iPad.

I own Mac #128 - I believed it to be a paradigm changer, as this is too.

2. Dragonrider

Dragonrider
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    BTW, I also ride a Honda Valkyrie - hence the Dragonrider...

3. Maya

Maya
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks!

Rebecca, I'm looking forward to checking out all those apps because I can see I'm going to have to get an ipad the minute I get a job - your wife is very fortunate Kheldour, to have the talent for persuasion!

...so if anyone here gets tired of their ipad and doesn't have a wife/husband/kids to hand it on to, perhaps you like to send it to an appreciative MSc student in one of the world's less technologically advanced countries? (me/UK ;))

Thanks very much Dragonrider for coming back to me with that interesting information - oo, owner of an ipad, a PhD AND a Honda Valkyrie - you sound an amazing character!!!