What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an application to work with the cord you plug into your car?

Mr.Tibbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone I recently purchased the cord that plugs from your car(obdII) into your ipad. I know there are a couple free apps that work with the ipod touch and one called dashboard which is for the ipad that basically monitors all of your cars sensors. But my question that I have searched for and not been able to find an answer to, Is there an application that I could use that would allow me to adjust certain things of the sensors or alarm or whatever for the iPad?

Of if you know of any tool that would allow you to do this please give me a heads up.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are two types of apps for stock devices. There are those available for public consumption. These are all available from the App Store. Then there are those that are written for specific customers, and are not available to the general public. I suspect that if what you are looking for exists, it would fall into the second category.

Your best bet might be to ask at your local dealer to see if they use, or know of, anything. Something like this could be used to monkey with the fuel emission controls etc and would probably be illegal for your average Joe to use, but there would be no harm in asking.

Most reactions

Latest posts