What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 users!!!

Top_KO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What did we, iPad1 users, get from the release of iPad 2?
What did Apple do for those who made their iPad viable?
What do you think?

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you think?

Welcome to the Forum. To the best of my knowledge what we got from the update is the ability to stream videos over wifi. We also got a vulnerability issue in Safari, however some say that was already there and another update should be coming soon to fix that.

Reaction score
I got mine for $100 less at Target so they could make room for the 2s, got my swag for 30% off so they could get rid of it and replace it with 2 stuff, got my Zagg Mate for $20 off at Best Buy because the 1 is sooooo last month and it doesn't fit the 2. I saved $130 by getting a 1 instead of a 2
Don't know about os stuff as I'd never followed Apple before getting my iPad

Support Our Troops!!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
You read it correctly, iPad and Tapatalk muhahaha! :D

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Top_KO said:
What do you think?

You got nothing less than you had before the release of iPad 2, the same as me and anyone else who has an iPad 1.

What do you get from a car manufacturer when they upgrade a car? What do you get from a TV manufacturer when they upgrade the TV? I could go on and on......just be happy that you have a great piece of kit.

The Archangel

wingnut144

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the opportunity to get good hardware at a reduced price, and play with a operating system that I'm not familar with (at all, this being my first Mac product)........

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think I got anything from the iPad 2 release, accept some annoyance at myself for not waiting to get the latest updated version. In fact, I didn't even know iPad 2 was released until my friends told me.

*lives in a hole in the ground*

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
*quickly builds a lock and a bomb shelter*

On the bright side... At least I know about the iPhone 6...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

anthonymoody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a years use of the most transformational device I've ever owned or had the pleasure of using. I shed something in the neighborhood of 2500 pounds of carried weight (5+ pound MBP, Kindle 2, chargers, cases, etc. carried every day for a year) and my back is thrilled for it. I've become more productive and am now (again) a voracious reader of scripts and books.

Plus the 4.3 benefits mentioned above. In fact, the 4.3 benefits are sufficient (for now) that I have chosen to hold off on upgrading to the iPad 2. Given my usage pattern and penchant for gadget lust that's kind of remarkable.

Finally, used the Xcode trick to unhide the 4/5 finger gestures and frankly it feels like a new device.

Zero complaints.

Reaction score
Think of it this way,I got my Inc because if the iPhone 1. If not for the iPhone Windows and Blackberry would be about the only choices in this side of the pond.
Ipad has done the same for tablets and we will reap the bigger benefits down the road

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got my orientation lock back :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I have found web browsing is snappier with 4.3. And I didn't have any issue with it before, but what the heck! And yes, the orientation lock option is back. I didn't have the iPad before that option was taken away, but I'm glad it was given back as I do like having it. Continued happy camper with my 1 here. :)

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What did we, iPad1 users,get from the release of iPad 2?

I got $530 for my old iPad, and I got a new iPad 2.

They gave us a new choice, the one we have, and a new one that's faster lighter and thinner. Thank you Apple!

Most reactions