What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad use for service and repair technician

imnotded

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own a plumbing and hvac service and repair company. I have been toying around with the idea of moving to iPads instead of pricebooks and hand written invoices. Is this something that can be accomplished?

I personally have one and love being able to pull it out and have my price book and all the catalogs and brochures at my fingertips. With the iPad 2 my techs would also have a camera that they wouldnt need to carry around as well.

We use Quickbooks, and would like to be able to make the invoice on the iPad then print it out for the customer. I would think importing all the invoices at the end of the day would be the easiest thing. I'm not sure if this is even possible. All this to save the step of typing everything into QB like we do now, since all our invoices are hand written.

I cant be reliant on wifi or the att network to email or update QB realtime since we are in a remote area where the service is very spotty.

If this inst feasible now, do any of you think that it will be in the near future?

Thanks for all the help!

OP
I

imnotded

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't help you. But I can welcome you! Some of our experts will pop in soon.:D

Thanks! There is so much you can do with these things, it's crazy. Hopefully there is a solution to my "problem" that doesnt cost a fortune (the iPads cost enough as it is!).

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes it can be done. The quick books plug in is a little harder to do but it can be done as well. I have done similar (except QB import). Did it for a salesman's package complete with working PO program for a major consumer electronics company (JVC). It can even include a place for customer approval signature. Contact me via private message. BTW could also work for iPhone version.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
I

imnotded

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it can be done. The quick books plug in is a little harder to do but it can be done as well. I have done similar (except QB import). Did it for a salesman's package complete with working PO program for a major consumer electronics company (JVC). It can even include a place for customer approval signature. Contact me via private message. BTW could also work for iPhone version.

Any help on how to get it done?

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
imnotded said:
Any help on how to get it done?

I sent you a Private message as well
Yes I can supply many different levels of help from just plan what to do to complete programing and writing. I use a program called FileMaker pro advanced and FileMaker Go. I can create in free standing mode as well. Please if you can we should speak. Let me know I I will call you. Remember what time zone I am in the east Baltimore.

laffeg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
invoicing app with signature

Hi Davidalan99

would appreciate pm as also in search of an invoicing app with facility for customer signature

thanks
laffeg

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
laffeg said:
Hi Davidalan99

would appreciate pm as also in search of an invoicing app with facility for customer signature

thanks
laffeg

TapInvoice does most apart from the signature, I'm still looking :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
TapInvoice does most apart from the signature, I'm still looking :)

Sign Docs does it all by the looks of it....Hope this has helped :)

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
laffeg said:
Hi Davidalan99

thanks
laffeg

Pm sent at 2335 hrs on 2011-06-1

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the TakeNotes app and this, which I randomly googled when I needed to sign legal paperwork that arrived as a PDF and I didn't have a printer:

How to Write and Sign PDF Contracts on an iPad

I used TakeNotes in the most basic way, probably. I just opened the PDF in the app, made a copy of it and signed it with my finger. Then I emailed it to the original sender and CC'd myself. Worked great!

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I run a carpentry business in London and use iPads for all work-related 'paperwork' - work notes, job costing, estimates, invoices etc... I don't know if it integrates with QuickBooks, but from the start of this year I switched to using Quick Sale Pro for all the invoicing and estimating, and can highly recommend it. I'm pretty sure Quick Sale Pro Advanced offers signature capture as one of the additional features. It's in the App store.

HTH Pete

Spark Chaser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the need for something similar. The difference is that I am a service based electrician and do not have same priced items very often. Every job's materials is different.
Is there an app where I can "write" up an invoice and enter the labor amounts, have the app give me the total, and then be able to have the customer sign it, and send it to them via email?

skitterintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HVAC Field Softoware for iPad

Check out ACOWIN Service software. The only software that is only for HVAC & Plumbing Service Companies. Go google search for ACOWIN Service Software and on their Quick Tours page will have a self running demo of the app for the iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts