What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Unsupported Video Format

rlee131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just received my iPad and am disappointed to find that my cameras video is not supported on the iPad. I have a Canon SD970 IS and the video is a .mov format. Does anyone know what type of video the iPad supports? Anything I can do to get the video from my camera to play on the iPad
Thanks
Russ

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad video converter

Just received my iPad and am disappointed to find that my cameras video is not supported on the iPad. I have a Canon SD970 IS and the video is a .mov format. Does anyone know what type of video the iPad supports? Anything I can do to get the video from my camera to play on the iPad
Thanks
Russ

I believe you don't have an iphone this why you are a little lost

just download ''Handbrake'' witch is free and convert all your movie in the format MP4 and ''Voila''

OP
R

rlee131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are right Don't have a iPhone and am lost. Thanks for the help

OP
R

rlee131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks
Russ

just download ''Handbrake'' witch is free and convert all your movie in the format MP4 and ''Voila''
thank you very much

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks
Russ

thank you very much

My pleasure don't forgot to put the video on the video folder of your computer .. after that you close and re-open your iTunes and it will sync the video automatically

enjoy your toy's

OP
R

rlee131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks
Russ

Wow! Just downloaded handbrake and converted the video. It looks great on the iPad Was filmed in HD Thanks again

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know - perhaps someone who has the wifi model could do some experimentation. I normally convert over to the Apple TV setting (since that's what I have). Ipad ONe - what conversion setting do you thing would work best for the iPad for best quality and then for most efficient memory?

BTW - as this forum starts moving forward perhaps it should be divided into sections like productivity, e-mail, gaming, video, etc. That way when someone comes up with a great tip for something it can be filed in the right place.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad video format

You know - perhaps someone who has the wifi model could do some experimentation. I normally convert over to the Apple TV setting (since that's what I have). Ipad ONe - what conversion setting do you thing would work best for the iPad for best quality and then for most efficient memory?

BTW - as this forum starts moving forward perhaps it should be divided into sections like productivity, e-mail, gaming, video, etc. That way when someone comes up with a great tip for something it can be filed in the right place.

David yet i can't reply as i have to wait tuesday for receive in my small place my iPad, what i can say is handbrake will work perfectly for iPad as he work for iPhone ... over the web you can find hundred of paid converter and they didn't work better ... but it's the rule of the business , people rlee don't know will paid for a converter can be find for free ....

Concerning your remark about the forum .. as we are yet the best forum for iPad lot of improvement need to be made ..we need to be patient to give to Dan, Max, and Doug the time for made the change

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks
Russ

Russ,

You may also be able to change some settings in the camera to make the format more compatible.

OP
R

rlee131

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There is no need to pay for software to convert videos. Handbrake is free, does a great job and available for Mac and PC.
Thanks Handbrake is working great. I assume Apple TV is the best setting to use, not sure? Best of all its FREE

Guess this is one of the draw backs of the iPad. I usually upload my camera photos and video via wifi to Picasa and my desktop automatically with the EyFi card in my camera..Videos always play when I access Picasa on my netbook or laptop...but unfortunately not with the iPad. Oh well, still love the iPad but it definately has quite a few drawbacks
Thanks again

Last edited:

sharahanse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad has better support for MP4 ,M4V and M4P video , if your video is not in these format , you need to convert your video with some video convetrer . i usually use Cucusoft ipad video converter to do the job,works great for me .

Most reactions

Latest posts