What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad tv display out, help please.

Ginopad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought hdmi cable and the accessory for mirroring the iDevice to my Sony bravia tv. Unfortunately there is no sound, display of video is there, but the sound is coming from te ipad (ipad 1). Can someone help me? Please? Thanks guys! :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which sound? Keyboard clicks or like music?

Things like keyboard clicks, the sound it makes when you lock it, when you plug it in, and such wil come from the iPad speaker.
But music, and sound for videos and such should come from the tv.

Edit;
Wow... I don't know how I didn't pick up on this before.
Display out only mirrors video, no sound.

To get mirroring and sound:
1. Uninstall display out
2. Download iFile
3. Open iFile and navagte to system/library/coreservices/ SpringBoard.app
4. Scroll down until you see K48AP.plist
5. Tap on it and select "Property List Viewer"
6. Tap on "capabilities"
7. Down in the bottom right of iFile, tap the "+" button
8. For the name, type "display-mirroring" (without quotes)
9. Under that tap on type. Select "Boolean"
10. Tap "create" in the top right of that window.
11. Now, look in the list for "display-mirroring" and slide the switch to on.
12. Reboot. If you are running a tethered jailbreak, reboot with redsnow, or snow breeze. Whichever you used to jailbreak.

Last edited:
OP
G

Ginopad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already did what you said, just now. Same thing, sound's still coming from the ipad built-in speakers. Can you please help me further? Thanks :)

OP
G

Ginopad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't really need the mirroring, i just want to play my videos with sound. Thanks :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you did exactly what I said, mirroring should work, and videos should play with sound.
Are you using the YouTube and videos app or another app off the app store?

OP
G

Ginopad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup. What i did is uninstall the phone app for ipad (phoneit-ipad), everything works after uninstalling it. And after that I installed DisplayOut again, everthing's perfect, mirroring, sound and all apps (except garageband and some music apps with audio input). So, I think it's the phoneit-ipad. Displayout app is perfect for ipad 1 users, so they can maximize the potential, just like ipad 2 without a camera. Displayout also carries all the sound from the ipad. Thanks, Graywolf! :)

starkiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine works perfectly fine. When i bought my HDMI cable I immediately purchased Display Out for my iPad 2 and its perfect. No issues with the sound at all.

Most reactions

Latest posts