1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Connect to TV

Discussion in 'iPAD Connect' started by Nortant, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Nortant

Nortant iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I want to connect to a stereo system and a Sony Bravia Tv. For the Stereo I think I need the New Generation Airport Express then WiFi from ipad to Express and cable to stereo?
    Is there a device that will also have a HDMI video connection so photo,s and movies can be displayed on the TV?
    This TV has pc input (usb socket) and HDMI sockets as well as aux video & sound inputs.
  2. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
  3. Nortant

Nortant iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for that simple concise answer.
    I have obviously misunderstood the use of the 'Apple TV' I was thinking it allowed free to air channels to play on the Ipod( not sure where that came from!) Which I was not interested in having.
    Can this unit sent the video signal via HDMI as well as audio through its audio socket to run Photo's or video to a TV and Audio to a speaker system simultaniously?
    Is the New Ipad able to multitask like that?
  4. iDuffer

iDuffer iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Video to TV and audio to speaker system not a problem. In case you had not spotted the audio output of the ATV3 is optical, so you will need either an amp with a TOSLINK input or a stand alone DAC.

For music and photo's together, have a quick search of the apps store, there are apps that say have enhanced music capabilities for slideshows.