What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect to TV

Nortant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to connect to a stereo system and a Sony Bravia Tv. For the Stereo I think I need the New Generation Airport Express then WiFi from ipad to Express and cable to stereo?
Is there a device that will also have a HDMI video connection so photo,s and movies can be displayed on the TV?
This TV has pc input (usb socket) and HDMI sockets as well as aux video & sound inputs.

OP
N

Nortant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that simple concise answer.
I have obviously misunderstood the use of the 'Apple TV' I was thinking it allowed free to air channels to play on the Ipod( not sure where that came from!) Which I was not interested in having.
Can this unit sent the video signal via HDMI as well as audio through its audio socket to run Photo's or video to a TV and Audio to a speaker system simultaniously?
Is the New Ipad able to multitask like that?

iDuffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Video to TV and audio to speaker system not a problem. In case you had not spotted the audio output of the ATV3 is optical, so you will need either an amp with a TOSLINK input or a stand alone DAC.

For music and photo's together, have a quick search of the apps store, there are apps that say have enhanced music capabilities for slideshows.

Most reactions

Latest posts