What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Survives Even After Being Run Over!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

TUAW has a story today that is not for the faint-hearted or those who are squeamish about anything happening to their beloved iPad. However, it’s not all bad news though, and it’s actually a great advert for the MobileMe Find My iPhone service in the end. The story begins when TUAW reader Jack K from Indiana accidentally left his iPad on the hood of his car. He drove off without realising, leaving the iPad lying in the street. As soon as he noticed that the iPad was missing, Jack used MobileMe to locate it (see picture), which it duly did, in an apartment building a few streets away. The police asked Jack to send a sound to his iPad so that they could find its exact location in the apartment block, and it seems that worked like a charm as they found the iPad. The person who had it in his possession said that he had found it in the street and intended to try and find the owner the next day. The iPad had apparently been run over when lying in the road, but it still worked! So yay all round for Apple – yet more confirmation that Find My iPhone works, and that the iPad is robust enough to stand being driven over by a car! Don't try that at home though kids!

Source: TUAW (picture courtesy of TUAW and Jack K)

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get the feeling my iPad wouldnt' survive being driven over by a 5yr old on a tricycle.

Must have been some case on that iPad.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen iPod Touch units driven over by trucks that still work...cracked screen and crushed back and all!

Most reactions

Latest posts