What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck on Apple Logo, DHL due to arrive!

atomicdev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok here's the deal:

Bought my iPad in Jan, jailbroke using RedSnow, all worked perfectly then 3 days ago I accidentally let it run out of juice. Plugged it in with the intention of running the tethered re-boot but the screen was constantly on a low battery indicator and when trying to boot up I kept getting a 'device not recognized error'. To top it all off even iTunes wouldn't recognize my iPad was plugged in.

I tried all the reboot methods, DFU etc etc so after all this I call Apple Tech support this morning and for £87 they'll send DHL out to replace my faulty one. The alternative was travel 2 hours away to my local Apple Store. No Chance so I paid the £87 and she also told me a 'holding fee' of £450 was also being charged but would be released when they receive the iPad back. What!

Anyway, my question is - Last night the 'connect to iTunes' logo and usb image did come on briefly so does this mean that it has been restored to factory settings? I'm only worried because I don't want Apple getting it back and seeing that I did indeed install Cydia! They will take the £415 + £366 in service charges because they will deem it as my fault!

Most reactions

Latest posts