What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jailbroken ipad connector issues

spygrad2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad that I've had for several months now. It's been jailbroken since I got it. However, last night I went to plug it into my wall next to my bed to charge and it didn't recognize being plugged in. I brought it out and tried the connector plugged into my computer and iTunes won't recognize it.

I tried my iTouch with both cables and they work fine. Reading some of the forums in here I figured I would try a reboot. However, now I'm stuck at the Apple logo. I read further about using redsn0w and using the "just boot tethered" option. However, since my iPad dock connector seems to be having issues, it won't recognize my iPad in DFU mode (and I've had it in DFU mode plenty of times so I know I'm doing it right).

My problem is, if it's a faulty connector, since I'm jailbroken and can't get in to do a factory reset, am I screwed? This is a hefty investment to lose out on.

Any help would be awesome. Even if someone can recommend a quick fix for the connector just so I can do a factory reboot. Also, I live a good 3 or 4 hours from the nearest Apple store, so swinging it in isn't really an option.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have a hardware fault. If it cant be restored it is covered by warranty. If there is no way to boot the iPad then there is no way for Apple to know that it is jailbroken. Just take it back to the shop...

Rich Gibson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try plugging into tinyumbrella and "kick out of recovery"

The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

What FW & JB you using?

Good advice. It may not be the connector, just locked. I upgraded to 4.2.1 and it would up locking both units. Tiny umbrella dit it on both my iPhone4 and IPAD. I went back to 3.2.2 (IPAD) and 4.1 (iPhone4). Do you have another computer around? Try it with that.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the connector is physically broken, Apple won't really care if it is jailbroken or not. They won't fix yours and send it back, but will give you a replacement (which will probably be a refurbished unit) with the latest iOS. They will end up fixing yours, wiping it clean and it will end up being someone else's replacement.

dmatthew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, iPad was working fine then all of a sudden it wouldn't charge at all (unless I put it into sleep mode) and was not recognized by any computer (PC or Mac). Went to an Apple store to have them check it out, was given a replacement iPad within a few days.

Mind you, I was able to reset my iPad, which means I erased all the content and it got stuck on the apple logo screen after it erased everything so Apple wasn't able to tell if the unit was JB'd or not.

Sooooooooo unless you can fix it, I say just get it replaced! :)

Most reactions