What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad sound problem

longines944

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi to all. I wonder if someone can help me and put me at ease. My other half deceided to treat me to an ipad, she got it from a friend who was upgrading to the most recent one. When I put it on charge it makes a bleep at quite a regular intervals probably about every minute,I have tried to ignore it but am now annoyed with the bleeping. Can this be turned off ? Please help because I am not a tech guy,am still probably in the sixties.Thank you in advance to all who can help.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you charging via USB cord instead of wall wart? Try the wall wart. If you're charging via USB, whatever you plugged it into probably isn't delivering enough juice to the iPad.

iPads are not supposed to beep repeatedly while charging.

OP
L

longines944

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Are you charging via USB cord instead of wall wart? Try the wall wart. If you're charging via USB, whatever you plugged it into probably isn't delivering enough juice to the iPad.

iPads are not supposed to beep repeatedly while charging.

Am charging via wall socket, but as I mentioned I'm not the best with new technology, but thanks for your reply.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am charging via wall socket, but as I mentioned I'm not the best with new technology, but thanks for your reply.

Try another outlet and make sure the cord is snuggly plugged at three connection points.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When plugged in to the charger, the iPad should bleep once, when the plug is inserted.

OP
L

longines944

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, found the reason for bleeping while charging. By pure accident I realised the problem. The iPad only bleeps to tell one that the charging USB cable/wire is not an original Apple, but a cheap one that you can pick up for next to nothing. Thanks for all the responses.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know what was causing your problem. It's always nice when we know what the outcome was.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, found the reason for bleeping while charging. By pure accident I realised the problem. The iPad only bleeps to tell one that the charging USB cable/wire is not an original Apple, but a cheap one that you can pick up for next to nothing. Thanks for all the responses.

Maybe because it was not getting enough juice, because people often use cheapo cords to charge (according to their own refs on the forum).

Personally, I don't skimp when it comes to cords, because if something has the potential to start a fire or fry my devices, I prefer the odds of a brand name company.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Maybe because it was not getting enough juice, because people often use cheapo cords to charge (according to their own refs on the forum).

Personally, I don't skimp when it comes to cords, because if something has the potential to start a fire or fry my devices, I prefer the odds of a brand name company.

Yes, the brand name cable is the way to go. That way if a defect in the cable does fry your device, the warranty would cover it.

OP
L

longines944

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Yes, the brand name cable is the way to go. That way if a defect in the cable does fry your device, the warranty would cover it.

Hi, too true, I often wondered why people spent fortunes upward of £100 for a scart lead for example, I was sold a gold plated scart for £150, "yes they caught me on a careless shopping trip, LOL. Eventually felt a bit conned for falling for the sales chat, didn't notice any difference in performance.

Most reactions

Latest posts