What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing Photos Problem!! Help?

Padi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all. I am new to ipad and am still stumbling around it.

I have a problem with syncing photos. I did sync successfully when I first got it but decided to put my pictures into folders on the pc for ease of viewing. Since I have done this it seems to crash out of itunes about half way through.

Any help would be appreciated and apologies if this question has been answered in other posts.

Cheers,

Ste ;)

OP
P

Padi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got so frustrated with this been searching the net for an answer and finally found it.

By removing the photo cache in the folder it now completes a full sync and copies all the folders over.

So happy now ;)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just for further clarification about the iPad's Photo Cache folder in iTunes? I'm assuming that this folder is either a backup of the photos on the iPad that have been synced from the computer's HD - there is a database kept there which I assume can become corrupted at times?

Can this folder just be deleted when such a problem arises as discussed by the OP - seems to have worked (and I've read others' solving this issue in a similar fashion)? Also, I also assume that iTunes will re-create the folder once deleted?

Any further comments from our photo techies would be appreciated - TIA! :)

OP
P

Padi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just for further clarification about the iPad's Photo Cache folder in iTunes? I'm assuming that this folder is either a backup of the photos on the iPad that have been synced from the computer's HD - there is a database kept there which I assume can become corrupted at times?

Can this folder just be deleted when such a problem arises as discussed by the OP - seems to have worked (and I've read others' solving this issue in a similar fashion)? Also, I also assume that iTunes will re-create the folder once deleted?

Any further comments from our photo techies would be appreciated - TIA! :)

I think the folder is some sort of back up. What appeared to happen is that the sync would pick up the main folders and get through them ok. It would then try to sync the cache file and get through about 355 out of 1300 then crash. I can be pretty exact because believe me I had sat and watched it do it several times!!!

You are correct, the file does seem to be re created after a sync but all you need to do is delete it again ;)

Ste ;)

OP
P

Padi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, as above I thought I had this one sorted but I am still struggling!!

More recent syncs are throwing up the same problem, crashes out of iTunes before it completes photo sync. I still delete the cashe but it is created again part way through the process. Does exactly the same thing with my iPhone.

Help!!!

thundercollector

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem that I can not sync my pictures to my Ipad after thr Itunes and IPAS update. I have deleted the cache folder but that did not help ! I am so unlucky with this problem. Have googled a lot but still can not solve my problem ! ;-(

Most reactions