What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad secure to shop on line?

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im not so worried about shopping online with my cards, more worried about the store that handles my card info.

Have virtual Master & Visa cards that only works for a certain time that i choose when i create the card, and the cards holds only the amount of money I say It will have.

Many banks have this feature. Total secure.

Ex, If i buy 10 things on ebay I use 10 different MasterCards, each card holds only the amount of money for each auktion/buy, when the time ends can the card not be used anymore.

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very smart how you do that with your cards. I listen to a financial talk show and he always states to do exactly what you do.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never heard of that but sounds interesting. I do shop online, I have had my CC stolen before (right after an iTunes music purchase) but my bank noticed, put a stop on my card and sent me an alert....refunded everything. All is well, I only use iTunes gift cards with apple now, but do use pay pal and other sites for online purchases.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I ordered and paid for our carry out dinner online with my iPad. I don't go to the extremes as iPad-Sweden, but I do check my bank account every day. In this day and age, you never know!

Some of the places where I normally make online payments have to be done on the "real" computer (like American Express) because their website has, you guessed... Flash!

But, when we travel abroad, we do use those pre-paid debit cards.

Most reactions

Latest posts