What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad search

DDN58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Ipad I believe it is the the 4th gen it came out right before the air.
I did the last update for it when it came out, version ios 8.1.2
Before this update I could swipe down in the middle of the page where the apps are and search for my apps instead of trying to find them page by page. These are the apps that I have already installed on my ipad.
Now when I do that it all I can get it to do is search the web or search wikipedia.
It no longer searches for the apps already installed, that came in handy when I overlook a app and just can't find it.
Did they remove that ability or is there something new you have to do to search?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In iOS 8.x, the 'Spotlight' search has become multi-purpose and searches a myriad of places and locations - just start typing in the first few letters of the App desired and a separate Applications listing will appear along w/ many other hits - what is searched can be adjusted by going into Settings -> General -> Spotlight Search. Dave :)

P.S. welcome to the forum! :cool:

OP
D

DDN58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome and the help.
Once I went into my settings like you said and checked what I wanted it worked.
Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts